JOB POSTING: SUMMER COMMUNITY ARTISTS
Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Coordinator, the summer community artists will work with a team to develop projects and create art that engages with members of the community. This contract is for 9 weeks, 35 hours per week.
– Assist in the development of community art projects and activities
– Assist in organizing and facilitating community meetings and workshops
– Assist in the organizing and facilitating of community art activities
– Assist in organizing unveilings, celebrations and other public events
– Participate in project evaluation
– Attend staff meetings as required
– Other related tasks and duties.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Is between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at time of employment;
2. Is legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Applicants must be highly motivated, have a background in the arts or strong interest in social issues, and be able to work as a team member with minimal supervision. We strongly encourage people who are BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour), LGBTQ2S, and people with disabilities to apply.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019. Please include “summer job application” in the subject line.
For additional information, please contact us at (705) 674-0282.
Myths and Mirrors’ summer Arts In the Park program launches Friday, July 7th at Victory Park and continues for six weeks this summer. Every Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 3pm, artist Staci Duhaime will guide participants through a series of community arts activities, including a summer-long mural project.
Arts In the Park wrapped up for the summer season in August 2017.
Do you have a great imagination? A passion for performance? Maybe you just like making cool stuff? Join us Saturday, April 8th for Kazzzam‘s first workshop and launch of the 2017 season, featuring games, puppet-making, and pizza!
This FREE event is open to anyone ages 14 and up. Registration required as space is limited. Contact us at email@example.com or (705) 222-1305 to register or for more info!
WHEN: Saturday, April 8th, 2017 | 10AM-4PM
WHERE: Victory Park | 496 Frood Rd. (Corner of Frood Rd. and Shevchenko Ave.)