Sudbury Street Arts launched in the fall of 2019 as a weekly arts drop-in space reserved for low-income folks and homeless and/or street involved people. Each Wednesday we’d gather as community members with mixed and shared experiences of homelessness, extreme poverty, immigration, queer identity, gender-based violence, disability, Indigeneity and racialization, to create a space of cultural production, gift giving, and knowledge exchange.
Unfortunately, Covid-19 has interrupted this work and left many without access to the supports and services necessary to meet their basic needs. To this end, we are seeking the following items to be redistributed to community members.
Items can be dropped off at 139 Durham St. – 2nd floor on Tuesdays between 10am-5pm. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (249) 979-1795 to make arrangements or to set up an alternative drop-off time. (*Please note, physical distancing and other public health measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 will be enforced.)
If you’re unable to donate items, we’re also accepting monetary donations. From now until August 31st, 100% of all money raised will go towards the purchase of food and other supplies to be redistributed to community members in need. DONATE HERE!
- Sun gear – hats, sunscreen, aloe, etc.
- Re-useable water bottles
- Hygiene products – wipes, tooth paste/brushes, hand soap, etc.
- Menstrual hygiene products – pads, tampons, etc.
- First aid supplies – bandaids, antiseptic wipes, etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – masks, gloves, sanitizer, etc.
- Non-perishable snacks – granola bars, applesauce, beef jerky,
Vitamin C tablets, etc.
- Journals, pens, and art supplies
- Self-care items – candles, books, medicines, etc.
- Camping gear – tents, chairs, re-useable cutlery, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, cots