As the world slows and quiets during this time of physical distancing, we’re able to listen more intently. Step outside and into nature – what do you hear?
Myths and Mirrors, in partnership with Coalition for a Livable Sudbury and artists EMILIO PORTAL, WILL MORIN, and DARLENE, invite you to take part in a virtual art project exploring art, sound, and collaborative creation as we celebrate Mother Earth and the changing of the seasons.
HOW TO TAKE PART:
- Using your phone or digital audio recorder, record a sound from nature (45 seconds maximum) and submit by email to email@example.com. Deadline to submit is SUNDAY, MAY 24th.
- Then join us online SATURDAY, JUNE 6th, 1-3PM, for a virtual workshop with EMILIO PORTAL and WILL MORIN as we share and weave sound to create a collaborative soundscape.
- On SATURDAY, JUNE 13th, 1-3PM, join DARLENE for a vocalization/choral workshop and find out how you can add your voice to the project.
- Artists are also invited to submit works of art inspired by the sounds of nature and/or the collaborative soundscape (once it’s available online). Submissions can be shared in the Facebook event page or submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On SATURDAY, JULY 4TH, 1-3PM, hear the final collaborative soundscape and share your own artwork inspired by the sounds of nature and this project.
Listen – Compositions created with field recordings by EMILIO PORTAL
For more information, contact email@example.com.
The Circling Project is funded by the Catherine Donnelly Foundation.