JOB POSTING: SUMMER COMMUNITY ARTISTS
Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Coordinator, the summer community artists will work with a team to develop projects and create art that engages with members of the community. This contract is for 9 weeks, 35 hours per week.
– Assist in the development of community art projects and activities
– Assist in organizing and facilitating community meetings and workshops
– Assist in the organizing and facilitating of community art activities
– Assist in organizing unveilings, celebrations and other public events
– Participate in project evaluation
– Attend staff meetings as required
– Other related tasks and duties.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Is between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at time of employment;
2. Is legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Applicants must be highly motivated, have a background in the arts or strong interest in social issues, and be able to work as a team member with minimal supervision. We strongly encourage people who are BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour), LGBTQ2S, and people with disabilities to apply.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019. Please include “summer job application” in the subject line.
For additional information, please contact us at (705) 674-0282.