JOB POSTING: SUMMER COMMUNITY ARTISTS
Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Coordinator, the summer community artists will work with a team to develop projects and create art that engages with members of the community. This contract is for 9 weeks, 35 hours per week.
– Assist in the development of community art projects and activities
– Assist in organizing and facilitating community meetings and workshops
– Assist in the organizing and facilitating of community art activities
– Assist in organizing unveilings, celebrations and other public events
– Participate in project evaluation
– Attend staff meetings as required
– Other related tasks and duties.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Is between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at time of employment;
2. Is legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Applicants must be highly motivated, have a background in the arts or strong interest in social issues, and be able to work as a team member with minimal supervision. We strongly encourage people who are BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour), LGBTQ2S, and people with disabilities to apply.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by midnight on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019. Please include “summer job application” in the subject line.
For additional information, please contact us at (705) 674-0282.
Myths and Mirrors Community Arts presents The Masks We Wear at Open Studio (93 Cedar St. Unit 303), November 14th-26th. The Masks We Wear features artwork by participants from Artistes Trans Artistry (ATA).
ATA provides transgender people (including those questioning their gender identity) a safe, confidential, and inclusive space to explore and create. Through weekly workshops, ATA participants have created the artwork featured in The Masks We Wear, and now the public is invited to celebrate their work, as we reflect on identity and examine the masks we wear.
Tuesday, November 14th @ 6-9PM
Monday, November 20th @ 6-9PM
TRANSGENDER DAY OF REMEMBRANCE
Celebration of life w/ TG Innerselves
Featuring live painting by artist Dylan St Georges
* Please note, some pieces contain depictions or talk of suicide, self harm, and/or violence, and may be triggering for some.
Funding for this project provided by: