JOB POSTING – Myths and Mirrors Community Arts is hiring three community artists this summer. Under the guidance and supervision of the Artistic Director, the community artists will work with a team to develop projects and create art that engages with members of the community. This contract is for 35hrs/week for 8 weeks, starting Monday, July 5, 2021. The rate of pay is $14.75/hr.
– Assist in the development of community art projects and activities
– Assist in organizing and facilitating community meetings and workshops
– Assist in the organizing and facilitating of community art activities
– Assist in organizing unveilings, celebrations and other public events
– Participate in project evaluation
– Attend staff meetings as required
– Other related tasks and duties
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at time of employment
2. Legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
Applicants must be highly motivated, have a background in the arts or strong interest in social issues, and be able to work as a team member with minimal supervision. Folks identifying as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, and LGBTQ2S+ are encouraged to apply.
Apply for this position by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by MIDNIGHT on MONDAY, MAY 31, 2021. Please include “summer job application” in the subject line. For additional information, please contact (249) 360-6535.
Please note, Myths and Mirrors is committed to providing a workplace that maintains physical distancing and takes preventive measures against Covid-19. Funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program.