Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Coordinator, the student community artists will work with children, youth, and all ages to develop projects and create art. This contract is for 8 weeks, 30 hours per week, beginning June 18th, 2018.
– Assist in the development of community art projects and activities;
– Assist in organizing and facilitating community meetings and workshops;
– Assist in the organizing of community art activities;
– Assist in organizing unveilings, celebrations and other public events;
– Participate in project evaluation;
– Attend staff meetings as required;
– Other related tasks and duties.
Applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
1. Must have been registered as a full time student during the preceding academic year;
2. Intend to return to school on a full time basis during the next academic year;
3. A student in secondary, post secondary, CEGEP or vocational or technical program;
4. Is between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at time of employment;
5. Is legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Applicants must be highly motivated, have a background in the arts or social issues, and be able to work as a team member and with minimal supervision. Indigenous students, students of colour, and students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants can apply for this position by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 28, 2018 no later than 5PM. Please include “summer job application” in the subject line. For additional information, please contact us at (705) 674-0282.