Myths and Mirrors is hiring! We are seeking three summer student community artists, see job description and how to apply below!
JOB POSTING: SUMMER COMMUNITY ARTISTS (3 STUDENT POSITIONS)
Under the supervision of the Administrative Coordinator, the student community artists will assist in the development of community art projects at our Victory Park and Durham Street sites.
Assist in the development of collective art works, including visual arts, sculpture, performance and media arts;
Assist in organizing and facilitating community meetings and workshops;
Assist in the promotion of projects and recruitment of participants;
Facilitate groups in the creation of collaborative art;
Assist in organizing unveilings and celebrations;
Assist in the development of media strategy;
Participate in project evaluation;
Attend staff meetings as required;
Other related tasks and duties.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Must have been registered as a full time student during the preceding academic year;
2. Intend to return to school on a full time basis during the next academic year;
3. A student in secondary, post secondary, CEGEP or vocational or technical program;
4. Is between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at time of employment;
5. Is legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Applicants must be highly motivated, have a background in the arts and be able to work as a team member and with minimal supervision. Applicants can apply for this position by submitting a cover letter and resume.
Please submit your application to email@example.com by Monday, May 22, 2017 no later than 5 p.m. Tell us why you would be a great addition to our team at Myths and Mirrors! For additional information, please contact us at (705) 222-1305.